Sunday, March 13, 2016

I AM HUMAN

i struggle
i've had my heart broken
i've had my dreams crushed

but this is what makes me human.

i rather struggle and end up a better person,
love and get my heart broken,
and watch my dream shatter,

then go day to day
with my head down,
phone out,
headphones in,
world blocked out,
my body numb, 
my heart numb,
a soulless shell of metal.

so i keep snuggling,
keep loving,
keep dreaming,

and one day, it will all pay off.

i will be powerful.
i will be loved.
i will live my dreams.






2 comments:

  1. oh yes!!!!! this post is way good, it really cheered up my not so happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "i rather struggle and end up a better person,
    love and get my heart broken,
    and watch my dream shatter,

    then go day to day
    with my head down,
    phone out,
    headphones in,
    world blocked out,
    my body numb,
    my heart numb,
    a soulless shell of metal."

    Mmm YES this is so good

    ReplyDelete